Bioruebe.com Development done right.

Release: A batch of unpackers

When I started working on UniExtract I was mainly doing maintenance work: updating program files, UI changes, adding helper tools to extract new file types. With the time my interest in the structure of files rose and I began looking at the bytes that made the archives on my computer. While I never got into reverse engineering software, looking... Read more


Farewell, Wordpress! Hello new website.

It has been a while since bioruebe.com went online, and since the beginning Wordpress has been a steady companion - convenient, secure (for a CMS) and with a rich ecosystem of plugins. But to be honest: I don’t need a CMS at all. I barely write enough to justify such a huge backend and over the years loading times became slower and slower. Time... Read more


Release: [Tools] BioLBM

A ’small‘ project in haxe, pt. 3: the results Finally, after a few days of programming (and several weeks of writing library documentation and these blog articles) here’s the release of my ‘small project in haxe’: BioLBM. A tool designed to search files specified in a text document in given input path(s) and move them to a destination directory... Read more


A ’small‘ project in haxe, pt. 2: the problems

When I sent the tool to my friend to test it, I was expecting it to crash instantly. Because that always happens to my apps on his computer, no matter how much I test them before. Ok, a missing dll, not a problem at all. At least not at that time. I can be very persistent in terms of finding solutions to problems, which seem hard enough. I might... Read more


A ’small‘ project in haxe, pt. 1: the libraries

A friend once needed a small script to simplify the programmer’s daily life. Given an input path, a list containing file names and an output directory, it should only find all the files from the list in the input folder and copy them to the specified destination. Well, I didn’t have time back then (although I love to take a few minutes to create... Read more